There is nothing I enjoy quite as much as crawling into our bed when it’s been made with a set of sheets which have been dried outside in the fresh air.
In fact, I love hanging out the laundry. I spent the early years of my adulthood with no dryer and it’s become a part of my routine to use Mother Nature’s Dryer whenever possible. I actually felt a bit of clothesline withdrawal this Spring when it rained so much and I couldn’t hang things out.
I’ve also been known to feel disappointed when we have a sunny day and I don’t have any laundry to wash!!
There are lots of good reasons to hang out the clothes:
- Saves electricity by not using the dryer
- No static cling
- Clothes last longer because they aren’t getting heated or tumbled.
- Less shrinking of fabrics
- Drying clothes in the sun can help to make whites even whiter, without using bleach.
- They smell amazing!! No dryer sheet in the world can come close to the smell of outdoor fresh laundry drying.
It’s a low tech love, but I am totally addicted to using the clothesline and taking advantage of these beautiful, sunny days to keep hanging it all on the line.