I have recently come to the realization that I am fueled by the sun. I would even go as far as to say that I am “solar powered”.
This Spring has been a little more dreary than usual and I was feeling the effects of a lack of sun more than I had realized.
So, I decided to make a list of my 10 favourite things about and to do in the sun. Here goes!
1. Sunrises are spectacular! There is such a peaceful beauty in watching the sun make its way over the horizon to greet the day. There is something awe inspiring in how constant the rising of the sun is. I was fortunate enough to attend a Sunrise Ceremony a few years ago at a yoga retreat and it was a really lovely way to welcome the day.
2. Sunshine makes the drive to work in the morning feel so calm after a hectic morning of preparing for the day. I love feeling the warmth of the sun as I make the commute. Just makes the world feel right.
3. Sunny days at the beach are so awesome! I love to lay back on my beach blanket, eye closed, listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, the sound of distant gulls soaring overhead and the suns rays warming you as a gentle breeze carries the smell of the salty ocean air around you. A little piece of Heaven on Earth.
4.Everyone seems nicer when it’s sunny. I’m not sure if that’s because I feel better when it is sunny so I have a better outlook, or if it just makes people happier in general. Hmmm.
5. Yoga in the sunshine, especially on my back deck is one of my absolutely favourite ways to enjoy the sunshine. I love poses where you are reaching up toward the sun.
6. Enjoying a glass of wine or iced tea and a good book while curled up in a louge chair out in the sunshine is such a relaxing way to enjoy a Summer day.
7. The longer days of Summer are so great because you can be outside enjoying the evenings longer. Bonus daylight is a treat to be savoured. Especially when the sun is out!
8. Some of my favourite whimical art features suns and moons. I love how the sun is usually portrayed as warm and welcoming when it is “humanized” artistically.
9. On sunny days I am inspired to get outside and get moving! I am always more motivated to get out and do yardwork or go for a walk when Mr. Sun is shining down.
10. Sunsets are the most lovely thing! Watching the sun go down is such a peaceful way to spend the evening and it brings the day to a close in a way that is always unique. I love the fact that even though sunsets happen every single day, no two are ever the same.